It seems impossible nowadays to drive towards any desired location without having a navigation app at our disposal. Google Maps and Waze are the most popular such apps, and they’re both owned by the tech giant from Mountain View. But it’s not mandatory for navigation apps to be present only on our smartphones, and a recent decision proves it.
Google Maps just returned on Apple Watch, which means that you’re free to check on routes in a more comfortable way than bothering to pull your smartphone out of your pocket. Just taking a peek at your wrist seems like the better deal.
Head for the latest update
If you want Google Maps to be running on your Apple Watch, you can just update the app from your smartphone. You can then enjoy the wonderful features of Google’s famous navigation app.
The Play Store description is relevant enough for what the app does:
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
With Google Maps, you’re free to do stuff such as:
- Follow top places recommended by Google itself, local experts, and publishers
- Share a shortlist of options for group planning and vote in real-time
- Create lists of favorite places and share them with your friends
- Review places that you’ve visited. You can add photos, missing roads, and places.
- Know what’s trending
- See new places that are opening in your desired areas
- Don’t hesitate to test out “Your match” for finding more suitable places
Feel free to tell us in a comment why you like Google Maps!