Even though the popularity of Adobe Flash Player is dwindling because nearly all websites are opting for HTML5 as a standard instead, there still a couple thousands of websites where Adobe Flash Player is required in order to load the content. If you are a Mac user and you don’t know how to safely install Adobe Flash Player, then you have arrived at the right place. Today we are going to present a detailed guide that will show you exactly what you need to do in order to install Adobe Flash Player on your Mac.
How to Install Adobe Flash Player on Mac
The first thing that we want to point out is that you will need to manually download Adobe Flash Player. The reason behind this is that Apple doesn’t pre-install the plugin on any of its operating systems. Steve Jobs even posted a press release back in 2010 where he revealed the reasons why he doesn’t think Adobe Flash Player is good. Nonetheless, follow the steps below to safely install Adobe Flash Player on your Mac.
- Head over to get.adobe.com/flashplayer (this is the official source)
- Click on the “Download Now” button
- Wait for the file to finish downloading and then access your “Downloads” folder
- Open the .dmg file and follow the installation instructions
- All that is left now is to simply restart the browser and Adobe Flash Player will be automatically activated
Is Adobe Flash Player Safe to Install on Macs?
As previously mentioned, the late Steve Jobs was against installing Adobe Flash Player on Apple devices. The reason behind this is that there are many flaws in the plugin and HTML5 does a much better job. However, this doesn’t mean that installing Adobe Flash Player on Macs is not safe.