We know the specifications, the approximate release date, and a set of games available for PlayStation 5. But there’s still a lot more to learn about the next-generation console, and Sony wants to shed light on the mystery very soon. While the fans hope to find out the price of the console, finally, their wish may be granted.
This Wednesday, on September 16th at 4PM ET, Sony has scheduled a PlayStation 5 games showcase event that will stream live on YouTube and Twitch.
40 Minutes presentation
Under 40 minutes, Sony wants to teach us all more about the games of PS5, and we hope to learn something else about the upcoming console, as well. There are a lot of exciting titles already confirmed to be running on Sony’s next PlayStation console, and we can mention the following: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Fortnite, Marvel’s Avengers, FIFA 21, Watch Dogs: Legion, Far Cry 6, Godfall, Madden NFL 21, Gran Turismo 7, Hitman 3, Dying Light 2, GTA V, Outriders, DOOM Eternal, Dirt 5, Scarlet Nexus, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, The Elder Scrolls Online, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Starfield, and more.
PlayStation 5 will be featuring the following confirmed specs:
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
Microsoft recently revealed the price for both its next-generation console (Xbox Series X) and the Lite version of it (Xbox Series S): the main console will cost $499, while one unit of the Lite version demands only $299. This means that we should expect the price for PS5 to be revealed soon as well.